Client Coordinator Role:
Theia Senior Solutions is currently seeking experienced and motivated Client Coordinators to both support our NY Tristate clients with the utmost care, while being an exceptional representative of Theia in the community. We are specifically interested in a candidate who is empathetic, compassionate and someone who has strong experience working with the elderly population.
The Client Coordinator is an integral, client facing role with the overall responsibility of managing client relations within Theia Senior Solutions. This position reports to the Director of Client Services and is responsible for the following:
1. Conducting the initial intake of a client and making recommendations to resolve or help alleviate the issues identified.
2. Assisting with establishing relationships among healthcare/community referral sources to generate new clients.
3. Assisting in the preparation of proposal and service agreements, in conjunction with the Director of Client Services.
4. Ensuring smooth onboarding of the client.
5. Performing the initial in-home assessment with the service recipient to understand the needs, customize their plans, and perform services specifically to meet the needs of the individual.
6. Coordinating a recommended plan of action/care based on the needs of the individual.
7. Communicating clearly and effectively on an ongoing basis with family members and healthcare providers as needed regarding the service recipient.
8. Performing the role of patient advocate if required by the client family; Attending inpatient and outpatient doctors’ visits as necessary.
9. Performing in home visits as required and routinely updating pertinent health information.
10. Vetting, assessing and making recommendations on supportive care referrals as necessary to among others, physicians and nurses, social workers, home health care agencies, independent assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, attorneys, etc.
11. In an emergency situation, ensuring coordination between all necessary service providers and maintain communication with family members.
12. Collecting all pertinent information from the service recipient and his/her family that would be needed in an emergency. Uploading this information into Theia’s secure, cloud based document repository.
13. Entering and updating client information in Theia’s database software.
To be successful in this important client facing role you will need to:
Have the ability/experience to engage in a crisis situation immediately
Have strong evaluation skills: able to identify issues such as physical, emotional, cognitive, social and environmental challenges both for the senior and family
Be self-motivated with established relationships among healthcare/community referral sources and able to generate new clients.
Possess a strong knowledge of senior resources, facilities and providers
Have strong patient advocacy skills
Have a broad understanding of the issues related to aging
Be a good listener
Demonstrate a passion for working with the elderly
Have strong, multi-tasking and organizational skills
Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Have strong interpersonal skills and a calm demeanor
Be patient, empathetic and compassionate
Demonstrate maturity and confidence
Be willing to “go above and beyond” in meeting client needs
Consistently demonstrate responsiveness and initiative
Maintain absolute confidentiality in all Theia Senior Solutions Client matters
Be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs including occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Travel may be required with regional coverage of NY Tristate area and Philadelphia Metro area.
Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and access to an automobile for home visits
Experience and Qualifications:
3-5 years experience working with either Geriatric, chronically ill or functionally challenged populations, preferably community based or in-home visit experience
Geriatric Care Management/Case Management experience required
Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited Graduate School of Social Work a plus
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org